Friday, May 18, 2012

Something Special in our Custom Items: Coming Soon

You can see our available items on our Etsy Site. What I wanted to show you today is a couple of items I'm working on getting up there for custom orders. Custom orders are more difficult, because my "vision" and the customers "vision" might not match, and frankly NEITHER will match the end result perfectly.

I'm working on this:
  as an item to be framed. I imagine color schemes will be discussed and a digital picture will be necessary so that I can print it out and use for the piece.

This came about because my mom does not wear jewelry, and I wanted to do something special for her.  The woman in the picture is my great grandmother. My mom and I do genealogy (mom more than me really) and this woman has held a fascination for both of us. She disappeared in the 20's with her youngest daughter and has been impossible to locate by record. It just so happens that we have this beautiful picture of her.  I did the bead embroidery around the picture and put it in a shadow box frame.

The price range for this in an 8" x 10" shadowbox frame will start at $180.00.

For a less expensive alternative and something you can wear I have this:

 The picture in this is about 1 1/2" x 2", surrounded by beads and will have a chain, or ribbon necklace with other embellishments. Again I will need a digital copy of a picture. Beginning price range for this will be $80.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment